Thursday 5 October 2017

All change: new website!

I started this blog four years ago in 2013. I had just started going out with a Californian (who's now my wife) and she encouraged me to start writing a blog to record my experiences studying the WSET Diploma as well as using the space as a platform to express my enthusiasm for wine and other drinks.

In that time, I've got married and passed the Diploma (I don't know which is a more extraordinary achievement). My knowledge of wine has increased greatly, and the development of that knowledge has been documented on this blog. I've published 175 posts, attracting nearly 90,000 individual page views.

The most important thing in writing a blog is feeling personally involved: write about what enthuses you. Having passed the Diploma and become a WSET Certified Educator, I feel it's time to move on.

So I've established a new website. It still revolves around wine and other drinks, but it's more immediate, attractive, and user-friendly. Podcasts are central to the new site, and pages are organised by countries.

Everything on this site will remain accessible, so readers and students will continue to be able to access my posts.

So keep on reading! I'm on twitter, facebook, instagram, and soundcloud. I hope you find the new website as much fun as I've had writing these posts over the last four years.

And here is where to go: Matthew's World of Wine and Drink

the new me

1 comment: